Exciting news, ladies! Today I’m launching a little project I’ve had on my mind for quite some time now. You may have guessed it just by skimming this post already, but I’m officially starting a style series that covers fashion inspiration for all bridal events leading up to the wedding day, bridal fashion for the wedding, and other style and beauty topics that I’ll be releasing soon! I’m SO excited to curate looks that bring out your femininity, look amazing on-camera, and help you celebrate your upcoming wedding in style!
So what’s the goal of these types of posts, you’re wondering? Well, the goal is three fold:
- It allows me to share a little helpful inspiration for all brides-to-be who want to look fabulous for the various events leading up to their wedding day — everything from engagement sessions, to bridal showers, to rehearsal dinners and more!
- It gives me another way to help my own brides find a look they love with specific pieces that are available now (while also providing them with my Engagement Session Style Guide to help with the rest of the prep work!)
- And it’s just FUN to share my personal style and tastes with you all, and gives me an excuse to window shop my favorite online retailers each month. I never said all three reasons were selfless. 🙂
So, here’s what you can expect from my style roundup posts. My personal style and favorite looks are flirty, flowy and feminine with a bit of an edge, and showcase soft colors that are flattering on all skin tones. This style photographs beautifully on-camera and creates a much more dreamy, whimsical effect to the final product. Pieces like these are classic, add a bit of elegance, and just like the Taylor Swift song, they never go out of style.
So let’s get started! Today I’m kicking off the Bride-to-Be Style Series with a roundup of my favorite Spring Engagement Session looks for 2018! For this season, I’m loving pastel hues and dusty shades of blush, lavender, blue and grey. It’s all about fun sleeves for spring – long, flowy, capped, or flutter – they all are appropriate for the warm-but-not-hot months. Check out my favorite pieces below, and scroll to the bottom for item details!
- You can never go wrong with an all-blush maxi dress. Picture wearing this surrounded by cherry blossoms and magnolia trees, ladies… (Wondrous Water Lilies Maxi Dress, $78, Lulu’s)
- I love this lilac dress because of it’s frilly neckline and long sleeves. Great for when the weather isn’t quite up to par with spring yet. (Haley Dress, $168, Gal Meets Glam Collection)
- A dove grey maxi dress looks gorgeous on anyone, especially with the delicate flutter sleeves. (Crescendo Wrap Maxi Dress, $98, Lulu’s)
- I was so excited when I saw that this patterned fit and flare dress was from my favorite fashion blogger – I’m in LOVE! (Helen Dress, $188, Gal Meets Glam Collection)
- Perfect for a garden setting or frolicking through a field of wildflowers, this whimsical lavender dress gives serious ethereal vibes. (Floral Cluster Embellished Balloon Sleeve Dress, $119, ASOS)
- The words “polished” and “classic” come to mind when I see this powder blue dress with sophisticated lace detailing. Super classy. (Amour Dress in French Blue, $148, Rachel Parcell Collection)
- A dusty rose maxi dress with flowy sleeves creates tons of movement on camera and instantly ups the romance factor to any engagement session. (Camila Flowy Maxi Dress, $79, Morning Lavender)